Thank for your interest in the 2022 Crystal Bookmark Awards. Submissions for this year are now officially open.
Click Here To Submit Your Nomination!
The Las Vegas Book Festival is a true celebration of the written, spoken, and illustrated word. A wide range of festival programming is built around sharing resources, developing audiences, advancing the craft of writing, and sharing the joys of reading.
It is in this spirit that the Las Vegas Book Festival Crystal Bookmark Awards were created – to honor those individuals and organizations in Southern Nevada advancing the cause of literacy and recognizing extraordinary literary achievement. The 2022 Crystal Bookmark Awards will recognize contributions made towards encouraging mastery of the written, spoken, and/or illustrated word to unlock the potential of residents in the Las Vegas and Southern Nevada area.
- Individual nominees and organizations must be based in Southern Nevada.
- An online nomination form must be completed on behalf of the nominee by 5 p.m. Thursday, September 15, 2022. (Individuals and/or Organizations cannot nominate themselves.)
- Three additional references are recommended, but not required.
- Nominees must have made a demonstrable contribution that has benefited the advancement of literacy and/or the literary field for the Las Vegas and the Southern Nevada region.
Judging & Selection Process
- A panel of judges will review nomination forms and select three finalists in each of three categories (one award recognizing an individual’s literary achievement, one award recognizing an individual’s contribution to the advancement of literacy in Southern Nevada, and one award recognizing an organization’s contribution to the advancement of literacy in Southern Nevada).
- Finalists will be invited to the festival’s Opening Reception on Friday, October 21, where the winners will be announced. (More details to follow.)